Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook "New Years Edition"

I haven't done one of these in AGES and thought it would be fun to do from Nicaragua while still "in my life here." :) Join me by visiting The Simple Woman's Daybook for details!!

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...The winds are blowing, it is just becoming light outside. I can hear the birds waking up and singing.

I am thinking...a thousand thoughts about packing to go home, wondering if my 4 sweeties really "get" that this is their last day living in Nicaragua as a CITIZEN of Nicaragua! Tomorrow they become citizens of the United States (as soon as their feet touch American soil!).

I am thankful...that God made my dreams come true. I am thankful for my family, that God allowed me to adopt, that he blessed me with 4 children when I only had faith enough to ask for 1!!

In the kitchen...I am glad that once we make this morning's pancakes we're done cooking in this kitchen!! Lunch and supper will be takeout food and I'll be defrosting the frig and cleaning out the cupboard today! Starting tomorrow night I'll have a working oven again!!

I am wearing...my jammies which includes my "147 Million Orphans" t-shirt!

I am creating...a family!

I am going...HOME, HOME, HOME tomorrow!!

I am reading..."Nothing is Impossible with God" by Rose Marie Miller. I've completed 13 books in the 5 months I've lived in Nicaragua! I also plan to read 2 Timothy in the Bible today!

I am hoping...for a smooth trip home and that the kids stay entertained over the whole 12 hours of it!

I am looking forward to...seeing my friends/church family!!

I am learning..."Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control!!"

Around the house...It's silent except for the wind, the birds and an occasional chattering gecko!! Everyone is still asleep!


I am pondering...Okay, top secret, but I did ask my husband yesterday...if he would ever consider foster care of little ones but I don't know yet if it's God's will for us...I had to write it in small letters 'cause it's just something I whisper to God... Once you know children who have had to live without parents the reality can no longer be ignored and you want a "family" for every child and there just aren't enough people making room in their hearts and homes. This is an EMERGENCY! Kids need homes NOW! They really can't wait any longer... My momma's heart is in over drive and I don't know how to downshift...or if I even SHOULD!

A favorite quote for today..."Love Does" ~Bob Goff

One of my favorite things...Being a mommy!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...getting settled at HOME, my husband on vacation (!!), buying boots and mittens and hats and snowsuits and SLEDS!!

A peek into my day...packing, packing, packing, packing, packing...

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip home, and that you will enjoy your new normal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!