Monday, July 4, 2011

My Own Little Corner

Today I was reading Gen's blog, Simply Cornish , and she posted about the spot in her home where she spends time with God each day. So, inspired, I decided to share mine too. The funny thing is that it is so humid that my camera immediately fogged up! So, it's not the best picture but here it is!


This summer I have moved my spot out onto the deck that is on the back of the house. It is shady there until 9:30 a.m. and then shady again at 2:30 p.m. and after. (I prefer shade :), God gave me light skin!). 


It's the perfect spot for me. The back yard is hemmed in by trees and foliage. I can see one neighbor but she is the quietest neighbor possible! The deck is off my sunroom which is my bedroom in the summer months (because my mother comes to visit in the summer and I give her my room). We live in a village of dirt roads so it's pretty quiet traffic wise. Often all I can hear are birds! 


Can you see my journal on top of my Bible? This is NOT for my insights and thoughts, rather, it is for my "To-Do" lists. Sometimes I might think of something that needs to be done while I am reading my Bible or praying and I am afraid I'll forget it later. So, I quickly jot it down and get back down to business! Why a journal? Well, so I don't lose the random piece of paper I put it on. Plus, I might not get it done that day so it's in a permanent place. Can I insert thoughts and such if I want to; well yes. But it's predominantly my "To-Do's".  It helps me go from "To-Do" to "Ta-DAAA" (haha). I keep all my "To-Do's" in there.


When cold weather comes I'll find a new spot, a cozy warm quiet spot inside. For now I favor gentle breezes, birds singing, and viewing the garden. :) 


"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me." Psalm 119:130-133

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely spot, Karen... I'm jealous! Even though the west side of our place is shaded in the morning (I'm a delicate, shade-loving wildflower, too!), our corner is far too busy to be peaceful. So I sit inside in my big, comfy blue chair with my breakfast & my Bible.
    I use a spiral notebook to jot down my to dos, Even sticky notes fail after a while! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Delicate, shade-loving flower"-I LOVE THAT!! I must use that...lol!!
    You big comfy blue chair sounds great; emphasis on COMFY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen I just love your cozy outdoorzy spot. The trees are just beautiful. How can you not think of how adept our Creator is in that spot. In Arizona the extreme heat and dust storms keep us pretty much indoors for a few months in the summer. Doesn't jotting down those "to-dos" help to clear out our minds so we can give God our full attention. Thanks for sharing your lovely santuary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gen, In Maine we tease that we have 2 seasons: winter and the 4th of July. So I am enjoying our "4th of July" season, lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!