Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't Lose Heart!!!

There they are...hard at work! I just now noticed that they sit in their birth order!! That's where they sit EVERY day!!

Anyway, I have to be quick but wanted to write a short encouragement for anyone who might be having the kind of week that I am. I'm overwhelmed, I am trying not to drown, and I am trying not to act grumpy.

Some weeks it's all I can do to get from this:
To this:
We all have those times as moms, wives, (and for many of us homeschool moms or moms with a job outside the home) when the demands on us seem more than we can handle in a week, much less a day!! And sometimes the demands aren't going to diminish or go away...even when viewed from another angle like from under the bed...for me because the dog finds me and tells everyone else where I am hiding!! I feel like I can't do one thing without 100 interruptions!!

So, to get through this crazy, crazy week I am going to get up at 5 a.m. to just have a couple of hours to myself to get the stuff done that takes my full concentration. I am not the early, early bird type so it is likely temporary! Today was my first day at it and I let the alarm go off for quite awhile assuming my husband had set it until I woke up enough to remember I had actually done it!! And I did take a small chip out of the whole lump that I need to get through.

I am writing this to myself first when I say that when I have more than I can handle I need to make sure that I spend more time reading the Bible and praying for help and guidance. I've done it wrong enough times to know!!

So, if you are having a week like mine, you're not alone!!

I just made a connection...I am teaching a devotional on "anxiety" on Saturday. God knows I am a *hand's on learner*, so he is giving me a *hand's on* lesson!!   Okay, now it makes sense...pays to write these things out!!!  

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!